Fun & Fitness for Everyone
This has been successful almost every time ??(IF FOLLOWED)???..
- ??FIND A COURT
- ??Order Paddles and Balls ???
- Paddles swingers ??? they are cheap and last a long time.?? They have grips and wrist guards.?? Cost approximately $20.00 each
- Balls, Singapore seamless or Dura for outdoor use and Bulldog Jugs balls for indoor or outdoor use.?? Cost approximately $2.50 for Singapore and $1.50 for the Jugs.?? All available on www.okpickleball.ca.?? Don???t forget safety glasses.
- ??Set your times of play with your Rec Center or Parks and Rec.?? Try to get a Seniors time, a family time, and a working person evening time.
- Once three is done, let the local press know of pickleball???s arrival in your area.?? This will help you as the centers and Parks & Rec usually take 3- 6 months to get things rolling.
- Put an ad in the local association news bulletin Senior???s news, coffee news, ???Y??? bulletin, etc., anywhere you think that will give you exposure.
- Have your Rec Center produce a little punch card that gives those who come to try the sport THREE FREE punches.
- Ask the Rec Center to request that the front desk people recruit from those looking for something new ??? try pickleball.?? A list of 30 people should get you off to a good start.
- Very Important?? —?? Monitor who comes ??? get their names, phone numbers and e-mail.?? Use sign in sheets and sign-up sheets.
- If you can, once you are off the ground, look for a sponsor who will provide funds for balls, trial paddles, etc.
- After a couple of play times, ask them to join BC Pickleball and give them a downloaded form from BC Pickleball and BC Pickleball Association ??? https://www.bcpickleball.com/places to play list. ?? ?? ????GOOD LUCK!!